- 17-Oct-2013 to 09-Dec-2013 (EST)
- Westlake, OH, USA
- Full Time
The Chef Partner contributes to the success of Buca di Beppo through the direction and control of restaurant operations to ensure a positive guest experience and company profitability. The Chef Partner's responsibility is to direct the operation of the restaurant, attain sales, cost controls, and profit objectives, maintain the highest standards of food quality, service, cleanliness, safety and sanitation by assisting in the direction and supervising of managers and family members.
The Chef Partner reports to the Paisano Partner.
- Ensure a High Quality Operation
- Maintain Controls
- Manage Family Members
- Advocate a Team Environment
- Manage Personal Development
Ensure a High Quality Operation:
- Ensure the production of high quality foods on a consistent basis.
- Ensure all kitchen functions are performed according to Buca di Beppo's guidelines.
- Direct kitchen activities and performance of heart of the house members on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Ensure positive Guest experience by monitoring and ensuring timely delivery of food product.
- Follow standardized recipes, preparation, portioning and presentation procedures.
- Maintain organized kitchen, dish, and storage areas.
- Maintain and inspect food receiving, preparation, production, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times. Correct unsafe practices or conditions.
- Supervise cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arrange for repairs, contracts, and other services. Maintain kitchen cleanliness and organization for both the interior and exterior of the restaurant.
- Follow the Ten Points of Difference and Guest Standards of Execution as described in the Manager
- Training Orientation Workbook.
- Oversee FOH staffing when needed, ensuring that adequate staffing is maintained and that overtime is minimized. Ensures sales forecasting and schedules reflect desired productivity and match daily labor controls.
- Manage FOH when needed, responsible for the overall restaurant operation during Paisano Partners absence.
- Manages and schedules departments as required in absence of the Partner. Ensures proper staffing levels for departments and shifts. Ensures ongoing development of staff. Implements manpower plan for hourly staffing.
- Ensures that all meal and rest breaks are provided when required.
- Ensures that proper cash handling procedures are followed. Balances cash on hand with End of Day report, if closing manager. Prepares cash drawers and performs cash drop at end of AM shift.
- Disburses petty cash as required.
- Prepares reports at end of shift.
- When needed check in liquor, wine and beer ensuring company is billed for proper amount. Write a check for liquor, wine and beer to vendors where required by state law.
- Review financial information such as sales and costs and monitor budget to ensure efficient operation and that kitchen expenditures stay within budget limitations. Take action to correct any deviations from the budget. Use the computer for review and analysis of information. Responsible for the financial results of the kitchen operations.
- Maintain and control kitchen assets.
- Create positive relationships with product vendors and service providers. Follow through on all work done by service providers. Ensure proper receipt of goods and accurate invoicing.
- Conduct line checks to ensure product standards and specifications.
- Ensure adequate inventory levels that allow for Guest needs but do not tie up company assets in unneeded and costly inventory.
- Complete daily paperwork and projects on a timely basis.
- Drive positive results for labor through proactive scheduling and reacting to business trends.
- Control operating costs by instituting awareness through the kitchen.
- Conduct inventories and calculate food and beverage costs. Use computer to facilitate collection and analysis of information. Respond to discrepancies from budgeted costs.
- Responsible to order food and beverage products. Responsible for receiving and checking orders to ensure that they adhere to company specifications.
- Responsible for submitting accurate information to the Paisano Partner regarding kitchen operations.
Manage Family Members:
- Ensure quality recruiting, hiring, and training of managers and family members.
- Create positive relationships with family members and managers by treating all members with respect.
- Minimize turnover by responding to and resolving family member issues.
- Support and practice an open door policy.
- Implement programs to reward positive contributions. Recognize and promote positive performers. Coach and counsel family members whose performance is below expectations.
- Develop family members. Conduct timely performance reviews of heart of the house members. Conduct performance reviews of subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Maintain a trained staff through effective use of employment orientation, individual training sessions, employee meetings and implementation of company training programs for heart of the house members, supervisors, and managers.
- Assure compliance with company policies, practices and procedures; communicate changes. Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines.
Advocate a Team Environment:
- Display, encourage, and inspire high morale and motivation in the restaurant, with a focus on the heart of the house.
- Communicate with other managers using the manager's log on a daily basis.
- Show daily attention, participation and sensitivity needed to establish credibility and promote unity in the team.
- Hold managers, Sous Chefs and supervisors accountable for areas of responsibility.
- Respond to team conflicts professionally and work towards positive resolutions.
- Set a good example through attitude, involvement, and positive influence.
- Establish an environment that does not permit or promote sexual or any other kinds of harassment.
- Ensure restaurant is staffed to avoid workload and poor morale issues.
- Report employee relation issues of a sensitive nature to the Paisano Partner or to Family Resources. Work with the Paisano Partner, Divisional Vice President and Family Resources department for the positive outcome of such issues.
Manage Personal Development:
- Provide effective leadership.
- Demonstrate organizational skills. Complete assignments and duties on time.
- Develop personal goals for professional growth.
- Maintain a pleasant, positive, and professional attitude in the eyes of family members, management team, and Guests.
- Exhibit a neat and clean appearance consistent with a professional image.
- Execute company programs and decisions with support and commitment.
- Professional oral and written communication skills. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language of the restaurant.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Can effectively solve problems.
- Able to take and give direction.
- Can be flexible as needs dictate.
- Work well with other people in a team environment.
- Service driven.
- Excellent attendance is required with schedule flexibility determined by business needs.
- Must be able to work all shifts when the restaurant is open.
- Two (2) year associate's degree or a bachelor's degree from a four (4) year college (desirable).
- Culinary degree desired but not a requirement.
- Minimum of Two (2) years prior experience as a Chef or Kitchen Manager for a full service, high volume restaurant.
- If being considered for internal promotion, must have Five (5) years of manager or Sous Chef experience, or Division Vice President approval.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing.
- Must be able to spend 10% of working time sitting.
- Will be required to use all sensory capabilities such as: vision, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching, and speaking.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities such as: walking, bending, kneeling, handling, hand
flexibility, reaching, squatting, crawling, lifting, climbing, and stooping.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds, and be able to transport up to 70 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
- Must be able to see to 20/20 vision with correction.
- Travel may be required for occasional deliveries, visits to other locations, or company meetings.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: